Saturday, July 28, 2012

More tips and tricks - The Apron

Yesterday, when I went to purchase drive band for my wheel I walked into the store to find everyone spinning and, they were all wearing aprons.  I looked at the aprons and noticed they were all of a dark colour.

This serves 2 purposes.  Keeping the broken fibres or nubs in one place in your lap, not all over the couch, chair or floor and, to provide a dark contrast background for any pale fibre being spun.  I noticed this mostly last night when I changed into other pants and they were patterned.  Then I remembered I have a black apron which I dug and has now been promoted from being an apron taking up space in the linen cupboard, to actually being used for something useful.

My apron also has pockets in it where I can put my flick carder rather than leaving it laying on the couch.  I spin while sitting on the couch as sitting on our dining room chairs is not an option due to physical inability to sit on them for long periods as I have a total left hip replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment